[horde] Custom Defaults / Hooks

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jul 20 10:41:10 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org
>> I my horde/config/prefs.local.php I've defined two defaults like:
>> $_prefs['ldap_userdn'] = array(
>>    'locked' => false,
>>    'type' => 'text',
>>    'desc' => _("LDAP Distinguished Name of user object"),
>>    'hook' => true
>> );
>> $_prefs['ldap_usercn'] = array(
>>    'locked' => false,
>>    'type' => 'text',
>>    'desc' => _("CN of user object"),
>>    'hook' => true
>> )
>> Then in horde/config/hooks.php I've added a simple test to see if the
>> hook ever gets hit; and it doesn't .  Can I have hooks for 'custom'
>> defaults or do I need to register them somehow beyond inclusion in the
>> prefs.local.php -
>> hooks.php
>> -------------------------
>> class Horde_Hooks
>> {
>> //    // PREFERENCES INIT: See above for documentation.
>>    public function prefs_init($pref, $value, $username, $scope_ob)
>>    {
>>        syslog(LOG_ALERT, "Horde hook for pref: " . $pref);
>> That syslog statement never appears in the log
> Why should they be called for arbitrary prefs you added?

Because the documentation says:

<QUOTE>
  * If the 'hook' parameter is non-empty for a preference (config/prefs.php),
  * the prefs_init hook will be run on login to allow alteration of the value.
  * This hook receives the preference name, preference value, username, and
  * the master scope object (Horde_Prefs_Scope) as parameters and uses the
  * return value from the hook as the new preference value
</QUOTE>

"hook will be run on login"

> If you don't use a preference, the hook isn't called either of course.

I have no clue what "If you don't use a preference" could possibly mean.
How can the application(s) know what preferences will-be-used?

I even created a prefGroups to add the preferences too - and that group
and the preferences appear in the global preferences UI.
in the UI for global preferences.