[horde] Horde 4 left side menu reloads

Wolfgang Granzer wolfgang at granzer.org
Wed Jul 20 11:41:17 UTC 2011

Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>:

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> Quoting Wolfgang Granzer <wolfgang at granzer.org>:
>>> the problem is that with H4 the sidebar (i.e., the IMAP folder
>>> list) reloads on every click. For mailboxes with lots of IMAP
>>> folders (>50) the whole framework gets very slow (up to 20 seconds
>>> for a single click). Is there a workaround to solve this problem?
>> I just tried mine - my wife has over 70 IMAP folders in her
>> mailbox, with about 2500 unread emails, and the whole screen loads
>> in < 4 seconds. Sounds like you have other issues...
>
> I have over 100 IMAP folders and the application responds very quickly.
>
> If the IMAP server is remote to the web-head are you running an IMAP proxy?

No, the IMAP server (cyrus) is localhost. As I said using H3 works
perfectly and very fast. I also tried the traditional view -- same
results. I think it must be the folder refresh because the address
book and other components are slow too. When I disable the side bar,
the response time is much better (although it is slower than H3).

Any ideas how I can increase the performance?

    Wolfgang