[horde] Hacking passwd to work in H4

stephan at admin.nabira.de stephan at admin.nabira.de
Wed Jul 27 17:20:34 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

> Looking at the code, it seems like you need to use the
> Horde_Auth::PERMISSION_DENIED code instead. Don't ask me why.

thanks, this did the trick. Now I do not even have to call clearAuth() before.

So, to recapitulate and give a hint for someone how wants to integrate
this in Passwd (at least until Horde supports updating credentials in
applications):

To force a logout after a user has changed his own password per Passwd
in H4 the following line is to be added after line 107 in
passwd/lib/Passwd.php

$GLOBALS['registry']->authenticateFailure('horde' ,
    new Horde_Auth_Exception(
    'Ihr Passwort wurde erfolgreich geändert. Bitte melden Sie sich neu an.',
    Horde_Registry::PERMISSION_DENIED) );

The string can be adapted as needed and be localized this way. Someone
how knows how localization is working in H4 could do this the right way.

This was (hopefully) the last showstopper for the upgrade to Horde 4.
Thank you very much for your help in resolving it.

Greetz
Stephan