[horde] Active Sync - new calnedar entry

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Jul 30 15:49:34 UTC 2011

Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:

> Am 29.07.2011 19:49 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:
>>
>>> No I dont think that php is crashing - Horde just is not
>>> recognizing a new appointment.
>>>
>>> I saved 2 test appointments in the next week directly in kronolith
>>> and did a sync with my
>>> mobile device afterwards .... as you see no changes are announced ...
>>
>> Are you sure the calendar that the event was added to is included
>> in your sync_calendars pref? Also, do *existing* events in Horde
>> get sync'd correctly when first setting up the partnership?
>>
>> mike
> Yes ... and yes
> (The initial sync does transfer all entries and I do have only
> one calendar and that is seleted - I hope you get the screenshot to
> check that)

Ok. Since you are receiving the initial calendar entries successfully,
it's not the PHP timezone bug. The bad news is, then, I have no idea
what is going on for you. This works perfectly here except for some
other bugs (see below) on numerous iOS and Android devices. You are
going to have to figure out why the history system is not reporting
the ADD event in your calendar.

There *are* a number of Android client bugs that I've uncovered
though. One particularly nasty one causes multiple, duplicate, SYNC
requests to be sent at the same time, with the same synckey. This,
obviously, screws up lots of things server side. There is also a
similar issue, though not as nasty, with Android's PING requests
sending the same collection 4 or 5 times. I've verified both of these
behaviours on an Exchange 2003 server, so it's not Horde's code. I'm
investigating work arounds for this server side, but since your log
entry only shows a single GETITEMESTIMATE request, I doubt this is
your issue.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)