[horde] Horde 4 + MAMP

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 1 13:22:49 UTC 2011

Am 01.08.2011 15:01, schrieb Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos:
>> Set your error level to E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED.
>>
> Ok, did that. The deprecated messages went away, but I'm still getting
> the warning msgs like this:
>
> Warning: Invalid callback Horde::errorHandler, class 'Horde' not found in
> /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/lib/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 650

because this is a bug if your horde-files are untouched
warning != dprecated

> I could supress warning msgs as well, but I intend to start a little inhouse
> module and it would be nice to leave all msgs on.

that is why this should be fixed upstream

> Does downgrading the php version solve the issue?

maybe but PHP 5.3.x is state of the art and recommended

>>> because most developers do not understand that on EVERY development
>>> machine E_ALL | E_STRICT + display_errors has to be mandatory
>>> and where clean code exists this error level without display_errors
>>> is practicable for some hundret domains
>>
>> If you don't have anything useful to add, better don't add anything at all. Thanks.
>>
> Completely agree.

maybe it is useful to point with the fingers to dirty code

"return value of new by reference is deprecated" is since
PHP 5.3.0 which is released a long time a go