[horde] Horde 4 + MAMP

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Aug 1 13:52:36 UTC 2011

> Am 01.08.2011 07:41, schrieb Jan Schneider:
> >
> > Zitat von Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> via 'pear instal ...'

> could successfully load horde and enter

> these:

> line 650

> deprecated in
> line 650

> line 1450

> deprecated in
> line 1450

> line 1458

> deprecated in
> line 1458

> > Set your error level to E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED.
> >
> >> because most developers do not understand that on EVERY development
> >> machine E_ALL | E_STRICT + display_errors has to be mandatory
> >> and where clean code exists this error level without display_errors
> >> is practicable for some hndret domains

It's not even Horde code. All your concerns should be addressed to PEAR people.

> > If you don't have anything useful to add, better don't add anything at all.
> Thanks
>
> i added some useful if you wourld read and think about it
>
> hanlde all sort of php-warnings as like they would be fatal errors like
> i do since ten years and your software will a) run on such machines without
> flooding the error-log and b) you eill get less bugs because warnings often
> are the root-cuase for errors in other code-regions
>
> and for the OP:
> Apaches <Diretory-directive is yur friend to change the error_repoting
> for folders with unclean applications to prevent flooding the log
> but beware of php-constants -> in the context of httpd only
> numeric varianles are allowed - the other option should be somewhere
> in the ohrde-backend but i can not say much abouzt Horde4 since
> it has no migration-path for rpm-driven installations this time

What do you mean by "rpm-driven migration-path"? Horde doesn't provide RPM based installation and never did (I can be mistaken here, but I'm on this list for 9 years now). Horde developers choosen to use the most universal method to install web application and manage dependencies - PEAR. And that's all there is. If you have used some kind of RPM packages with Horde 3 and want to use the same management method in Horde 4 you should address your issues to *package maintainer* whoever that is.

And please don't tell us it is impossible to package Horde into packages anymore. Debian packaged H4 into .debs (http://files.pardus.de/horde4-debian-20110617/all/), OpenSUSE did it too with RPM (http://www.ralf-lang.de/2011/05/26/horde-4-submit-requested-into-opensuse-12-1/).

Look, it's open source. Create a patch, start a *constructive* discussion how things can be improved, or help others. If not, shut up and stop spreading the FUD.

--
  Vilius