[horde] Horde 4 + MAMP

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 00:46:31 UTC 2011

Em 01/08/11 11:15, Jan Schneider escreveu:

> Zitat von Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

>>> Set your error level to E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED.
>>>
>> Ok, did that. The deprecated messages went away, but I'm still
>> getting the warning msgs like this:
>>
>> Warning: Invalid callback Horde::errorHandler, class 'Horde' not
>> found in /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/lib/php/PEAR/Config.php
>> on line 650
>>
>> I could supress warning msgs as well, but I intend to start a little
>> inhouse module and it would be nice to leave all msgs on.
>>
>> So I would rather fix the problem (if it's possible). But I don't
>> know where to look.
>
> What happens is the following: in horde/lib/core.php we first register
> an autoloader that searches for Horde classes in PHP's include_path,
> then we register Horde::errorHandler() as an error handler for PHP.
>
> If you get that error message, it means, that 1) registering the error
> handler succeeds, 2) an error in the PEAR code (Config.php) is
> triggered, but 3) the Horde class cannot be found in Horde.php, or
> Horde.php cannot be found at all, by the error handler.
>
> This should help you to further track down the issue. It's a bit weird
> how you get so far without Horde.php being in the include_path though.
>
> Jan.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Something seems really broken, because
it turns out the problem was not just those warning and deprecated
messages. Kronolith doesn't load and makes the httpd goes to 100% of cpu
and crash.

When using php 5.2.17, none of the problems happen and kronolith works
just fine. So I guess MAMP + php 5.3.6 is really broken, and that should
explain the weirdness of horde working partially and at the same time
complain about "missing" Horde.php.

I also noticed if I remove the so-called deprecated instantiation "...=
&new ..." from pear's Config.php, both the deprecated msg and the horde
error handler warning go away. But then again kronolith continues not to
work and crash httpd.

Anyway, it's just isn't worth. I'm going back to my good old Ubuntu +
php 5.3.5 where everything works great.

If anyone out there successfully get Horde 4 + MAMP + php 5.3.6 wokring,
please let me know.

Thanks for all the help.
Luis Felipe