[horde] H3 auth composite

webmaster at mairie-meyzieu.fr webmaster at mairie-meyzieu.fr
Mon Aug 8 07:28:24 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> a écrit :

> Am 05.08.2011 17:41, schrieb webmaster at mairie-meyzieu.fr:
>> I clarify my thoughts:
>> I would like my horde users won't have to authenticate twice
>
> so use IMP-Auth for Horde over IMAP and your users
> have only to know their mail username/password

>> Do I have a way to retrieve this information by a connection with a
>> SQL database (or other)  to compare it with the login and authenticate
>> automatically imp instead of
>> the manual input... to make this transparent to my users?
>> Has anyone ever tried to set up an equivalent?
>
> no because why should anyone use two different authentications
> while the front-end is using a single-login to trigger both?

Humm... it's not as simple unfortunately. Because I use a local directory for Horde with the ability for users to change their password periodically, the mail account can not be changed by the user. It is managed from external server via a provider.
 I would just want to memorize them in order to facilitate the consultation of their mail. I could go through fetchmail, but I would lose the central management of mail accounts and their setup. Also, I would lose the regular check from the mail server by imp without a manual action.
I see my problem raises many questions... :-)

Thanks for your answers.
Aude MB