[horde] Horde_SQL install query

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Mon Aug 8 19:18:17 UTC 2011

Hi

In general I'm a fan of the new PEAR installation method.  However, I find this warning concerning:

Failed to download horde/Horde_Sql within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 1.0.0RC2, stability "beta", use "channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Sql-1.0.0RC2" to install

As far as I'm aware Horde4 is now pretty well advanced - is there a reason this package is still in beta?  Has it been superceded?

Also, I'm okay with the following errors, but do I need to separetly install them (I don't recall doing it for the beta install)...

Did not download optional dependencies: pear/Net_DNS2, pear/Console_Table, pear/File_Find, pear/Services_Weather, pear/SOAP, use --alldeps to download automatically
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/Net_Sieve, pear/Net_Socket, use --alldeps to download automatically
Did not download optional dependencies: pear/Services_Weather, use --alldeps to download automatically

It would be nice to know what they are required for (i.e it would be nice if the install process would tell you why you would want them) - and maybe if the install process could generate a command that can be copied to install them at the end..

Thanks.

Simon