[horde] Horde4: How to create the database

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Aug 26 12:03:39 UTC 2011

Op 26-08-11 12:06, Vilius Šumskas schreef:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've tried to install horde4, but after configuring via the webinterface
>> I get an error about the database what does not exist and the
>> webinterface is broken.
>>
>> The manual says:
>> Go to Administration => Configuration. Click ``Update All DB Schemas``.
>> But how can I do that when the webinterface is broken because there is
>> no database?
>>
>> ( In my opinion the configuration of Horde is not-nice. The problem is
>> that Horde tries to make it easy with a (complex) webinterface. If you
>> make a mistake in the 1000 options, or you miss a dependency, the
>> webinterface does not work anymore and you can start the configuration
>> from the beginning. )
>
> Try "horde-db-migrate" in the console.

Thanks for your help!

I have searched for horde-db-migrate and found it in
/var/www/horde/pear/ But when I execute it, it gives only errors:
----------
pvdv at machine2:/var/www/horde$ pear/horde-db-migrate
PHP Warning:  set_exception_handler() expects the argument
(Horde::fatal) to be a valid callback in /var/www/horde/lib/core.php on
line 52
PHP Warning:  set_error_handler() expects the argument
(Horde::errorHandler) to be a valid callback in
/var/www/horde/lib/core.php on line 55
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Horde_Registry_Application' not found in
/var/www/horde/lib/Application.php on line 21

I did create a database and a database-user by hand.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl