[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Sep 6 15:33:15 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2011, 16:40:34 schrieb Brent:
> me it is going to the person
> that sent the message.  Sure, there is a pop-up that indicates what is
> going to happen, but habits are hard to break.  I think there should
> be another button like Outlook has for "Reply To All"; or if you
> insist on the one-button-to-rule-them-all, make the button text say
> something like "Reply To..." and force the user choose what they want.
>   I don't think any button with logic behind it should automatically
> make a default selection, especially with a heated debate about what
> the default should be.  Developers seem to like their feature, while
> users/administrators want to change it.

Sorry, you're misunderstanding me. I haven't developed this. But I like it
that way. In both Kontact and horde. Users, that's also me. This is actually
running in my company and nobody complains (our boss is a smart one).

BTW, in thunderbird, when you hit "reply" in a mailing list conversation, it's
reply to mailing list - not reply to sender.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH