[horde] [imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 6 15:56:55 UTC 2011

Am 06.09.2011 17:41, schrieb Ralf Lang:

>>> BTW, in thunderbird, when you hit "reply" in a mailing list conversation,
>>> it's reply to mailing list - not reply to sender
>>
>> this is simply not true!
>>
>> * Reply: lang at b1-systems.de
>> * Reply to list: horde at lists.horde.org
>
> I installed the thing for the purpose of demonstration and it worked the way I
> told you. Thunderbird 3.1

i am usering thunderbird since 2.0 and there is a sepearte button
there was with 3.1 and there is with 6.0.x currently

thunderbird-6.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64

but here would be my opinion if there is a mailing-list-header the
default action should be "reply to list" because we would get rid
of all this blind people out there reply only to the sender or
to the list or to all

but NOBODY can have a automatic useful default for a single reply
button - most business communication REQUIRES reply all, but if
you want to make a comment that is not for all it is wrong and
so you have everytime to choose and think

people who are not recognize the difference between forward/reply
on the other hand should never be a argument how to design software
because we should not design it to support the latest idiot