[horde] Activesync not working

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Wed Sep 7 04:36:34 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> ----- Message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> ---------
>    Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:34:39 -0400
>    From: Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [horde] Activesync not working
>      To: Maillist-horde <horde at lists.horde.org>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>  My Activesync is still not working.  Actually its getting worst. Just
>> upgraded to the latest horde framework with
>>
>>  "pear upgrade -a -B- c horde" and NO errors whatsoever.  Reconfigured the
>> config files and updated the DB schemas.
>>
>>  Symptoms:
>>
>>  Multiple (up to 30+) copies of the same event in Kronolith with exact
>> same properties while there is only one on the iphone;
>>  Most items of my calendar (NOT ALL OF THEM) are being duplicated;
>>  Copies of the same event on the WRONG days;
>>  Some events have wrong hours;
>>  ALL events of the last 3 to 4 months have not been deleted/modified in
>> Kronolith while they were on the iphone;
>>  SOME events of the future have not been deleted/modified in Kronolith
>> while they were on the iphone;
>>
>>  A few months ago, I've mailed this mail-list to inform that I had
>> *severe* problems with activesync, and basically since then, I tried to
>> completely avoid Kronolith because every time I do something with it and it
>> sync to my iphone, everything gets screwed up.  I must say that contacts
>> are working perfectly, which makes me believe that the problem is
>> kronolith.
>>
>>  Today I decided to sync clean by deleting the exchange account on the
>> iphone and resync'ing everything.
>>
>>  3 questions:
>>
>>  1-Whats going on?
>>  2-How do I delete several events at the same time?
>>  3-How do I export the calendar? The Import/Export menu entry is supposed
>> to be there but unless I am becoming blind, I cant see it...
>>
>>  When I successfully export my calendar I will try to re-sync with my
>> iphone and send the AS log to this maillist.
>>

> ----- End message from Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> -----
>
> I'm not using ActiveSync for Calendar at all with iPhone. Just was
> not working for me at all, although I haven't tried the last couple
> of versions. Contacts are fine.
>
> I'll enable it again over the next couple of days and see what it does.
>
> Simon.

I played around with it a few weeks ago on a loaner iPhone and it
seemed to work great:  any newly created item popped onto the phone
after a few minutes.  Now, I don't have a very complicated calendar,
but things LOOKED ok at a glance.  I even sent a "kudos" to the list
thanking them for the cool features and hoped to see ActiveSync for
email added as well.

brent