[horde] Activesync not working

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Sep 7 05:40:25 UTC 2011

----- Message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:03:53 -0400
    From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [horde] Activesync not working
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>

>> I'm not using ActiveSync for Calendar at all with iPhone. Just was
>> not working for me at all, although I haven't tried the last couple
>> of versions. Contacts are fine.
>>
>> I'll enable it again over the next couple of days and see what it does.
>
> What, exactly, wasn't working? I've found the iOS client
> implementation to the most stable out of all the devices I regularly
> test.
>
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

----- End message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> -----

Mike - it point blank refused to do a successful original sync.
Quoting email I sent to the list 20/07/11:

> Issue (1) to recap is that a new Horde Activesync Calendar
> partnership does not initialise the iOS device with appointments
> that already exist in the user's calendar. In an MS Exchange
> Activesync partnership the addition of "Calendar" to the sync
> partnership retrieves existing appointments in the Exchange
> calendar, initialising the iOS calendar with a snapshot (within a
> date range) of the user's Exchange calendar. Adding "Calendar" to
> the Horde activesync does not sync any pre-existing appointments.

I also found appts wouldn't sync from Horde to iOS, other way was
fine. All through this Contacts have been working fine.

Again quoting an email to the list from 20/07:

> Issue 2:

> Generating a new appointment on the iPad or iPhone pushes back into
> Horde / Kronolith fine, very quickly. Updating that appointment in
> iPad / iPhone works fine, updating nicely into Horde. But nothing is
> going the other way. Neither new appointments nor edits are
> replicating to the iOS devices.

> Seems the opposite of the issues I had with Contacts - they worked
> great from server to client but not the other way, Calendar is
> working fine client to server, but not the other way!

> I have the Kronolith "calendar to sync" pref setting set. I only
> have one calendar.

Setting heartbeat to smaller interval fixed contacts not syncing, but
hasn't resolved these issues. Having said that I have not enabled
Calendar syncing since July - may be better now.

Cheers
Simon.