[horde] the wicked question

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Sep 13 13:05:36 UTC 2011

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 02:23 -0400, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

>> wicked from the

>> > ----
>> > I see the repository...
>> > https://github.com/horde/horde/tree/master/wicked
>> >
>> > I see the instructions...
>> > http://www.horde.org/development
>> >
>> > I fail to make it work...
>> >
>> > root at srv5:/var/www/horde# git clone --depth 1
>> > git://github.com/horde/wicked
>> > Initialized empty Git repository in /var/www/horde/wicked/.git/
>> > fatal: remote error:
>> >   Could not find Repository horde/wicked
>>
>> We have a monolithic repository, not a separate repository for each
>> module. So to checkout e.g., the 'Horde' repository (where the
>> framework and apps live):
>>
>> git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/horde/horde
> ----
> got it... must be a 'feature' of github

Not really a feature of github, more a feature of git, itself,
combined with our decision to keep all of our code in a single
repository.

> all I wanted was a drink of milk, I get the whole cow.

Well, you need at least a good portion of the framework libraries, and
the 'horde' application in addition to wicked anyway, unless you
already have a PEAR install you wanted to add this to.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org