[horde] Apache Configuration, .htaccess - Allow not allowed here

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Tue Sep 13 22:03:45 UTC 2011

Hi

Some weeks back I had an issue with a virtual domain which Ralf and Vilius guided me with.  The error in the logs that time was "RewriteEngine not allowed here".  I fixed that by adding the FileInfo to the <Directory> portion of the virtualhost configuration.

I'm trying now to set up another virtual domain (using the same Horde installation).  Essentially, it's working for two of them, but not the 3rd.  The error in the logs this time is:

[Tue Sep 13 22:44:53 2011] [alert] [client 38.104.167.6] /usr/share/horde4/.htaccess: allow not allowed here

This is my virtual host:

 34 <VirtualHost *:80>
 35         ServerAdmin postmaster at domain.co.uk
 36         DocumentRoot /usr/share/horde4
 37         ServerName mymail.domain2.com
 38         ServerAlias www.mymail.domain2.com
 39         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/logs/domain2-error_log
 40         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/logs/domain2-access_log common
 41         Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /usr/share/horde4/rpc.php
 42 #       Redirect permanent / https://mymail.domain2.com
 43 #        RewriteEngine on
 44 #        RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
 45 #        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}$1 [L,R]
 46 #        RewriteLog "/var/log/apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
 47 #        RewriteLogLevel 2
 48 <Directory /usr/share/horede4>
 49         DirectoryIndex  index.xhtml index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.shtml
 50         AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo All
 51         Options +ExecCGI
 52 </Directory>
 53 </VirtualHost>

I've tried ALL and LIMIT on the AllowOverride without success.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

Simon