[horde] Sending long emails fails every time

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:48:42 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 <at> gmail.com>:
>
>    Hi,  I remember to have written to the mail list a few months ago
> regarding
>    problems sending lengthy emails...  I am trying to reply to Mike
> Rubinsky &
>    the list about my problems with ActiveSync but I cant send the email
>    (reply) because I get a red popup saying:
>
>    "There was an error sending your message:  Failed to send data [SMTP:
>    Invalid response code received from server (code: -1, response: )]"
>
>    Attached is my horde log that relates what happens when I try to send
>    such long emails...
>
>    You better check your SMTP server's log.
>
>    Jan.

Like I said, I am using GMail's SMTP server to send emails. I do not have
my own SMTP server so I dont know which SMTP log to look at... I dont
believe my SMTP settings are defective...
I can send any kind of email except lenghty ones...

Settings from the Administration > Horde > Mailer tab:

* $conf[mailer][type]         Use a SMTP Server

$conf[mailer][params][host]     smtp.gmail.com

$conf[mailer][params][port]     587

$conf[mailer][params][localhost]     EMPTY

* $conf[mailer][params][auth]     Best available authentication

$conf[mailer][params][username]     my email....

$conf[mailer][params][password]     my password....

Further directions to debug this would be appreciated.
Thanks!