[horde] Activesync not working

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Sep 14 14:14:17 UTC 2011

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>  >
>>  >> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>  >>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>  >>> >
>>  >>> >> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>  >>> >>>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>  >>> >>> >
>>  >>> >>> >> Hello,
>>  >>> >>> >>
>>  >>> >>> >>  My Activesync is still not working.  Actually its getting
>>  >>> worst. Just
>>  >>> >>> >> upgraded to the latest horde framework with
>>  >>> >>> >>
>>  >>> >>> >>  "pear upgrade -a -B- c horde" and NO errors whatsoever.
>>  >>> ....
>>  >>> >
>>  >>> > --
>>  >>> > Horde mailing list
>>  >>> > Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
>>  >> Bad news... I created a dummy calendar while keeping my normal (buggy?)
>>  >> calendar in Kronolith and selected only the dummy calendar for sync with
>>  >> mobile devices.  Then I added the account on my iphone and sync'ed the
>>  >> calendar.  All went fine at first.  All events that were in the dummy
>>  >> calendar were sync'ed on the iphone and vice-versa.  Then over the last
>>  >> few days I played around by creating & modifying events on the
>> iphone and
>>  >> all have sync'ed to horde until the last two event which got sync'ed to
>>  >> horde properly (good dates and times) except it was not created in the
>>  >> dummy calendar but the real one...
>>  >>
>>  >> Sound like AS is confused which calendar to use....
>>  >
>>  > Yeah, that makes sense. I think we need to tweak the logic that
>>  > determines which calendar to send new events to. The AS protocol
>>  > technically only supports a single calendar. So, what we do is
>>  > combine all the calendars into a single stream and send them to the
>>  > device. This allows all the calendars the user owns to be visible and
>>  > *editable* on the device, but *new* events will *always* go to the
>>  > user's default calendar.
>>  >
>>  > We probably need to either enforce that the default calendar is
>>  > always sync'd or if it's not being sync'd, create new events in the
>>  > first calendar listed in the sync pref. I would lean towards the
>>  > first option.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >> I'd like to update the AS log but its over 3.5MB.  Anywhere I
>> can upload it?
>>  >
>>  > If the only error is creating new events in the default calendar when
>>  > that is not being sync'd, then the log is not necessary at this time.
>>  >
> [...]

Ideally, you should find out what is wrong with the imported data,
maybe even narrowing it down to specific events. My (completely
random) guess is that it is probably something concerning recurring
events/exceptions and/or timezones. This way you can either not
include those events in the import, or fix the data before import.

Otherwise, I don't have any other bright ideas.

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org