[horde] Activesync not working

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu Sep 22 02:54:06 UTC 2011

href="mailto:lp.allard.1 at gmail.com">lp.allard.1 at gmail.com</a>&gt;
---------<br />
&nbsp; &nbsp;Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:15:52 -0400<br />
&nbsp; &nbsp;From: Louis-Philippe Allard &lt;<a
href="mailto:lp.allard.1 at gmail.com">lp.allard.1 at gmail.com</a>&gt;<br />
Subject: Re: [horde] Activesync not working<br />
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;To: Michael J Rubinsky &lt;<a
href="mailto:mrubinsk at horde.org">mrubinsk at horde.org</a>&gt;<br />
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Cc: &quot;horde at lists.horde.org&quot; &lt;<a
href="mailto:horde at lists.horde.org">horde at lists.horde.org</a>&gt;</p><blockquote type="cite" style="border-left:2px solid blue;margin-left:8px;padding-left:8px;">On 2011-09-21, at 9:01 PM, Michael J Rubinsky &lt;<a href="mailto:mrubinsk at horde.org">mrubinsk at horde.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br
/>
blue;margin-left:8px;padding-left:8px;">Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard
&lt;<a
href="mailto:lp.allard.1 at gmail.com">lp.allard.1 at gmail.com</a>&gt;:<br />
&lt;...&gt;<br />
blue;margin-left:8px;padding-left:8px;"><blockquote type="cite"
style="border-left:2px solid
blue;margin-left:8px;padding-left:8px;"><blockquote type="cite"
style="border-left:2px solid
blue;margin-left:8px;padding-left:8px;">pear upgrade -a -B -c horde<br
/>
  and all seemed fine and I deleted the Exchange account on my iphone to<br />
  re-create it and see if the &quot;new&quot; activesync version would
help.&nbsp; Now I<br />
  am<br />
  trying to re-create the exchange account on the stupid iphone and it<br />
  says&quot;<br />
  Unable to verify account information&quot; and of course it doesnt
connect<br />
  to<br />
  the AS server...<br />
  Is the AS broken or my iphone is garbage?<br />
  Links:<br />
  ------<br />
  [1] <a href="http://www.horde.org"
target="_blank">http://www.horde.org</a></blockquote>Does your server
use SSL?<br />
--<br />
MikeSent from mobile</blockquote>Hey Mike,<br />
Nope... I also unselected the SSL option on the iphone</blockquote>No
idea then. I just deleted, re-entered my account on my iPod Touch with
no problems. Since my local dev server has no SSL, I get the
&quot;Cannot verify account&quot; error initially, but once I save it,
SSL, works without issues.<br />
Maybe a problem with the Alias entry? Anything in the Horde log or the
server error/access logs?<br />
--<br />
mike<br />
The Horde Project (<a href="http://www.horde.org"
target="_blank">www.horde.org</a>)<br />
--<br />
Horde mailing list<br />
Frequently Asked Questions: <a href="http://horde.org/faq/"
target="_blank">http://horde.org/faq/</a><br />
To unsubscribe, mail: <a
href="mailto:horde-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org">horde-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org</a></blockquote>Nope... I guarantee the as server is broken, or the iPhone is defective... I tried like 10+ times, no success.&nbsp; The activesync log and horde log are both &quot;mute&quot; e.g. They don't report anything...&nbsp; Tail -f did not show anything.<br
/>
--<br />
Horde mailing list<br />
Frequently Asked Questions: <a href="http://horde.org/faq/To"
/>
----- End message from Louis-Philippe Allard &lt;<a
href="mailto:lp.allard.1 at gmail.com">lp.allard.1 at gmail.com</a>&gt;
Simon Wilson<br />
M: 0400 12 11 16</div>

Forgive me if you have, but it is something that I have had issues
with in the past - have you rebooted the iPhone? I had all sorts of
issues in testing with iPhone remembering deleted settings until reboot.

Delete the account, reboot the phone, re-create it.

Simon.