[horde] Activesync not working

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 22 13:05:10 UTC 2011

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> On 2011-09-21, at 9:01 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>

>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> <...>

>>> Hey Mike,
>>>
>>> Nope... I also unselected the SSL option on the iphone
>>
>> No idea then. I just deleted, re-entered my account on my iPod
>> Touch with no problems. Since my local dev server has no SSL, I get
>> the "Cannot verify account" error initially, but once I save it, go
>> back in and turn off SSL, it works fine. My production server, with
>> SSL, works without issues.
>>
>> Maybe a problem with the Alias entry? Anything in the Horde log or
>> the server error/access logs?
>>

>> --
>> mike
>>
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>>
>> --
>
> Nope... I guarantee the as server is broken, or the iPhone is
> defective... I tried like 10+ times, no success.  The activesync log
> and horde log are both "mute" e.g. They don't report anything...
> Tail -f did not show anything.

FWIW, this is *exactly* what would happen when you enter the account
on the iPhone if your server does NOT use SSL. You have to continue,
and save the account, and THEN go back in and deselect SSL support on
the phone. Is that what you did?

What happens if you access the AS endpoint in the browser directly?
(http://example.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync)

mrubinsk at horde.org