[horde] Activesync setup on Android

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Sep 23 17:47:30 UTC 2011

Actually all the files in /var/log/apache2 are either root:root or root:adm

The problem is not on the directory ownership, I don't think - apache2 is 750 and horde is 760 - so to my understanding it already has weaker permissions.

Nevertheless changing permissions to 766 and owner/group to www-data and even touching the files does nothing.  I'm sure it's an error in the Horde installation (rather than the product since no one else seems to have this issue).  I've checked the config against the test server and they are the same.

But that's a problem, because I don't know where to look now.  And without logging of any sort I won't be able to debug the Activesync.

Simon