[horde] Upgrading from 3 to 4

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Sun Sep 25 02:52:06 UTC 2011

> That won't work. Like the upgrading docs say, you should make a fresh
> install if upgrading from Horde 3. This includes to *not* install into
> the same directory.
>
> It might also help if you migrate away from datatree *before*
> upgrading to Horde 4, though it should theoretically work in the
> opposite order too.

Hey Jan, thank you for that.  That certainly was the obstacle.
However, I have to say, I read and re-read the docs over several
times, I didn't see that written anywhere.  I see the line that says:
"You can't use the updated data with your old Horde version anymore.",
but that does not mean "make sure you install your horde update in a
fresh directory" (at least it didn't to me, unless I'm missing it
somewhere else).  I just wonder if a quick line in the install or
quick install section might make this clearer, such as "mv
/var/www/horde /var/www/oldhorde" and then commence with the
instruction.  Of course, that is just my two cents, but it might
reduce a few cries for help in the future.

Thanks again, I'm up and running now.

-Chris