[horde] Installing Horde4

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Tue Oct 4 13:20:33 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 04 October 2011 15:05:10 Markus Braun wrote:
> Hi together,
> is there any chance to install horde 4 like the old way with a webmail
> package zip like in version 3. I dont have really access to my server and
> can install it over pear.
> ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/horde-webmail/horde-webmail-latest.tar.gz
> So its confusing me, that only some userer they have root access install
> the new version horde 4? Why?

1 cent : I suppose you can run "pear" as a non-root user ?

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.getting.php

You can instruct pear to install the components in your private directories,
not the system ones.

So not having a root account shouldn't stop the new install method ?

HTH,

--
Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95