[horde] authentication issue in H4

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Sat Oct 8 11:34:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

I was using Horde for ages and it has worked perfect.
Now I decided to migrate to H4 and face some troubles with it.

I use IMP for authentication and there are more than one backends
configured.

In H3 I was able to define admin at serverONE to have admin right in Horde
interface, while admin at serverTWO did not have the same rights (because it
was in another domain)

In H4 it is different. When I define
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator', 'admin at serverONE');

correctly authenticated admin at serverONE does not have Administrator
rights... but if I define

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator', 'admin'
,'admin at serverONE');

...then not just admin at serverONE has Administrator rights but
admin at serverTWO... and admin at serverN as well.

I guess that this is not intencional... but if yes, could you please help
me configure horde in a way I used un H3 - that just admin at serverONE has
Administrator rights and nobody else.

$servers['serverONE'] = array(
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' =>     'serverONE',
     'hostspec' => 'serverONE',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 993,
     // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC
3501
     'secure' => 'ssl',
     'maildomain' => 'serverONE',
     'smtphost' => 'smtp.mydomain.com',