[horde] Marking messages as seen on delete

Ole Wolf ole at naturloven.dk
Sat Oct 22 13:49:10 UTC 2011

>   ...and *are* they seen or just deleted? It doesn't make sense to
> flag a message incorrectly as seen if, in fact, the message in
> question has not been seen.

Sure it does. For example:

* I hover the mouse over the subject to see a preview and decide that
this email isn't interesting, so I delete it while having actually
read enough of it to know it can safely be deleted.

* The spam filter or some other blacklist doesn't catch an email,
which turns up in the inbox. Judging from the sender and title alone,
you can often identify obvious junk.

--
Ole Wolf
Rødhættevej 4 * 9400 Nørresundby