[horde] Marking messages as seen on delete

Ole Wolf ole at naturloven.dk
Sat Oct 22 14:57:47 UTC 2011

> ...because the meaning/use of IMAP message flags is dictated by the
> IMAP RFCs.

Yes, but I'm not asking for a new use of the flags; both "seen" and
"deleted" would retain their meanings according to the RFC.

Most email clients allow the user to mark an entire selection of
messages as "seen" without ever displaying them to the user. Imp
allows this, too. Deleting and marking isn't necessarily an atomic
operation, so I don't see how an RFC applies.

Glancing over TFC 3501, I wasn't able to find anything either for or
against marking deleted messages as seen.

--
Ole Wolf
Rødhættevej 4 * 9400 Nørresundby
ole.wolf at ekiga.net