[horde] Weather Block and the Weather Channel

Alexander M. Wirtz lists at zyanka.li
Tue Oct 25 13:41:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,

as Horde is creating one of the largest communities using the
Services_Weather module, I just wanted to add my comment here.

I'm quite disappointed by this move by The Weather Channel, as it means
I cannot develop this interface anymore and it becomes useless for most
of the users.
Only a small portion of Services_Weather users will purchase a license
for this, if at all.

The only thing I can promise is that I will create an interface to some
other provider e.g. Weather Underground, to offer an easy accessible
solution for Horde. Unfortunately also all the others like Ejse and
Globalweather have stopped offering their services.

At the meantime I'd like to ask you to follow Mike's suggestion and use
the METAR interface.

Best regards,
Alexander