[horde] double login

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Wed Nov 2 03:44:10 UTC 2011

Hi - I'm trying to setup a new server running Scientific Linux 6.1
and have a couple issues - the main one being a double login.

A couple notes about my setup - firstly I'm trying to use the same
single code base that I installed via pear to /usr/local/horde.  I
then do this in each apache Virtual Host:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
  Servername foo.com
  ServerAlias www.foo.com

  DocumentRoot /home/domains/foo/public_html

  Alias /mail /usr/local/horde
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
  ServerName mail.foo.com
  Alias / /usr/local/horde/
</VirtualHost>

This allows me to use http://www.foo.com/mail/ and
http://mail.foo.com/ to log into Horde using the following minor
change in /usr/local/horde/config/registry.php:

if (preg_match('/^mail\./', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])) {
   $webroot = '';
}
else {
   $webroot = '/mail';
}

$this->applications = array(
    'horde' => array(
        'initial_page' => 'services/portal/index.php',
        'name' => _("Horde"),
        'provides' => 'horde',
        // JDT added this:
        'webroot' => $webroot,
    ),

I also have the following preferences set in
horde/config/prefs.local.php:

// what application should we go to after login?
$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
    'value' => 'imp',
    'type' => 'enum',
    // Application list is dynamically built when prefs screen is
displayed
    'enum' => array(),
    'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after
login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
);

Authentication method is IMAP.

I am pretty happy with this, except that for some reason I have a
double-login problem.

When I login I go first to horde's portal, not to imp.  When I try to
click the Mail folder I'm asked to login a second time.

Interestingly on the first login I have a box to choose Language
Preference, on the second I do not.

When going to www.foo.com/mail it redirects to
www.foo.com/mail/login.php - after I click Mail it redirects to:
http://www.foo.com/mail/login.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foo.com%2Fmail%2Fimp%2F&app=imp

Once enter user/pass again imp/dimp work great.

I am not sure if this change is because of my registry.php change, my
VirtualHost setup or something else entirely.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  I can provide a live URL with login off list if
it's helpful.

Thanks!

Josh