[horde] Error: No connection to server

Ronan SALMON rsalmon at mbpgroup.com
Fri Nov 4 16:49:22 UTC 2011

Joe Besko <jbesko at msu.edu> a écrit :

> I would suggest trying to use Xdebug to help resolve this memory
> problem.  When trying to resolve our "out of memory" problem with
> 50MB attachments, I have quite surprised at how much memory was
> needed to send a 50MB attachment.  When trying to send an
> attachment, PHP consumed about 7-8 times the uuencoded size of the
> file, plus the original 50MB plus the normal cost of sending a
> message.  In the end, I had to set the PHP memory limit to 650MB to
> allow 50MB attachments to be sent.

I just tried to send myself a message containing a 50Mb attachment and
I didn't run into any problem.

php values :
- memory_limit = 256M
and for testing purpose :
- upload_max_filesize = 100M (usually 10M)
- post_max_size = 200M (usually 20M)

using the following version :
imp 5.0.11
horde 4.0.9

You might have an issue with your setup.

Anyway, nobody should allow that kind of emails over the network, but
that only one man's opinion.

Ronan.