[horde] Error: No connection to server

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 4 18:51:34 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> This doesn't explain why it's this one user.  This doesn't explain why

It doesn't exclude it either.

> Finally, what would you suggest is a suitable memory limit for ~100
> users?  Currently I have 128M (which is about 7 times the php
> default).

Doesn't matter the number of users.  The official response is to
set no limit.  I don't recommend that myself.  Mine is set to 1024M,
up from the previous 512M I used for for a while, up from the 128M
I used years ago but is certainly no longer enough.

>  456 ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
>  457 ; http://php.net/memory-limit
>  458 memory_limit = 128M

I'd raise that to at least 512M, and no more than 1024M, myself. Though
like I say, the official recommendation is to set it to unlimited.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.