[horde] Error: No connection to server

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Nov 4 19:02:24 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> How does this scale?  I never have more than 30 simultaneous
> connections.  How do sites cope with 1000+ users?  If you need 256MB
> memory limit for 3 users (that's all I've had today, do you need
> multiple gigabytes for 1000+ users?

For an IMP installation at least, the bottleneck should NEVER be the
Horde server.  It will be the IMAP/mailstore.

> Why is only one user affected when the memory limit is reached (and
> that persistently across apache restarts?

Have you cleared their browser cache?  If using old javascript, that
could be causing issues.

> FYI - since yesterday, users (including me) who have horde as their
> default application after login have not been able to see the portal
> page.  Changing the URL to imp/kronolith/etc. works - initially I
> thought this was to do with the weatherdotcom expiry, but a) not all
> users use it and b) since raising the limit this problem too has been
> resolved (although I notice the horde menu on the right is taking
> longer to load than before).  So if nothing else, I've had to double
> the memory requirement just to be able to use 4.0.11

I've actually lowered my memory usage since Horde 3, so something is
screwy with your setup.

The sidebar in traditional view is no longer in an IFRAME, so it loads
on every page.  THat's why it takes longer.  Please see archived list
discussions for further info.

michael