[horde] Error: No connection to server

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Nov 4 19:22:20 UTC 2011

>>> 457 ; http://php.net/memory-limit
>>> 458 memory_limit = 128M
>>
>> I'd raise that to at least 512M, and no more than 1024M, myself. Though
>> like I say, the official recommendation is to set it to unlimited.
>
> I run 64MB, and have been for years.  Other than sending/viewing extremely
> large attachments, I have no issues.
>
> To allow viewing of large attachments, 128 MB may be more appropriate.  But
> I also strongly suggest limiting attachment upload size, to eliminate that
> potential issue.

Michael - I agree.  64M should be enough.  128 should be luxurious.

On the old server running H3, the memory limit was 32MB and there was
never an issue either in imp or dimp.  I increased the memory limit on
the new one in part because of the increase of RAM allowed me to do
so.

However, I can definitely reproduce this - as soon as I downgrade the
memory limit to 128M, the portal page fails to display (either on
login or changing the URL first to IMP and then going to the portal).
If I had the time I could downgrade Horde to the previous version and
run some more tests.  On this site postfix doesn't accept mails larger
than 20MB anyway and hence the upload size is set to the same amount.

mail:~# grep -in upload /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
872:file_uploads = On
879:; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
881:upload_max_filesize = 20M
883:; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
884:max_file_uploads = 20

Simon