[horde] Mnemo - categories, how to clean up?

Huggy-Bear huggy-bear at luukku.com
Mon Nov 14 15:11:52 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider kirjoitti 14.11.2011 kello 16:59:

> Zitat von Huggy-Bear <huggy-bear at luukku.com>:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I tried to import csv from Horde3 to Horde 4 Mnemo, but it imported
> > them in a wrong way (easiest is to redo Mnemo entries manually).
> > However, when I tried to import csv, it caused plentifull of wrong
> > entries to the MNemo, which I was able to delete, but MNemo
> > categories are now totally messed up. I have idea how to clean it
> > from the interface. Should I clean categories from the database
> > directly? By deleting and creating some table? Which table holds
> > Mnemo categories?
>
> Categories are stored globally, in the user preferences. If you delete
> them, they will get lost in all applications (at least as far as they
> still use categories). They won't be deleted from the individual
> objects inside the applications though, just from the preference, i.e.
> from the down list you pick the categories from.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
Jan,

Thank your for your reply. Issue in my case was something to do with Horde Sharing. I changed sharing preserences from Next Generation SQL to SQL, then back from SQL to Next Generation SQL. By doing this I got colour-button (button on top right in Note Lists dialog), and from that option I was able to use "carbage bin" icon to delete obsolete imported categories.

Horde3 Mnotes export to csv is propably having too many quotation marks (") or order of commas are misplaced (should be ," not ",). At least import to Horde 4 does not work as it should.

In general, scandinavian characters seems to be messsed up due to utf-8. Therefore export/import thru csv is not so good idea anyways. Maybe database conversion from 3 to 4 is better. I need to test it again some day in test server.

- jari

Luukku Plus -paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku