[horde] Sessions consuming CPU

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 15 06:06:32 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> Remove session files, and it comes back.
> Restart Activesync, and it comes back.
> Reprovision the iOS devices, and it comes back.
> REMOVE the iOS devices within Horde Administration, restart httpd
> after removing all session files, and let them re-establish their
> connections, which they do automatically, and the problem has been
> solved.
>
> So killing sessions has not fixed it this time, but removing the
> ActiveSync devices did.
>
> 2 days ago, 2 of them were upgraded to iOS 5.0.1, that's the only
> change. The change to iOS 5 happened a week or so ago and this did
> not happen then.

In other words... activesync is breaking your installation?  And this
syncing is happening from an apple product running the new iOs?

It would not surprise me at all that something with the new ios
version is breaking something on the Horde server.  Apple does not do
protocols well at all (recent discussion on imap list discovered that
new icloud imap server is broken in several very fundamental areas).

Best bet is to capture sync debug data and file a bug.

michael