[horde] ingo can not connect to sieve server

S. Kremer sk71 at gmx.de
Sat Nov 19 07:42:26 UTC 2011

Hi all.

I have installed horde hroupware 4.0.3 with filter (ingo) 2.0.6 and webmail (imp) 5.0.14. I use for horde a debian squeeze webserver (apache 2, php5, mysql) and the server for mail (deovecot 1.2 with sieve support, postfix) is installed on second machine.

I can connect to sieve by thunderbird but not with ingo.

My ingo backends.local.php:

<?php

$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'transport' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => '10.0.0.4',
    'hordeauth' => 'full',
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => '10.0.0.4',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Enable/disable TLS encryption
        'usetls' => true,
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo',
        // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
        // user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
        // user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
        // an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
        // 'username' => 'cyrus',
        // 'password' => '*****',
        // Enable debugging. With Net_Sieve 1.2.0 or later, the sieve protocol
        // communication is logged with the DEBUG level. Earlier versions
        // print the log to the screen.
        'debug' => true,
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array(
        // If using Dovecot or any other Sieve implementation that requires
        // folder names to be UTF-8 encoded, set this parameter to true.
        'utf8' => false,
     ),
    'shares' => false
);

A telnet session from webserver:
telnet 10.0.0.4 2000
Trying 10.0.0.4...
Connected to 10.0.0.4.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.13"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date"
"SASL" "PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
"STARTTLS"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready."

What is wrong with my horde/ingo installation that i can not connect to sieve server at mailserver?

With best regards
S. Kremer