[horde] iPhone 4 replacement

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:13:23 UTC 2011

On 2011-11-19, at 10:45 AM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

>>> Thanks Mike for replying.  I may have been confusedby the different names
>>> the phone has in other countries.  Here in Canada, the Motorola Droid Razr
>>> (one of the models I am interested in) is simply called Motorola Razr.  I
>>> thought the "Motorola Droid" that is on the
>>> http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync[1]was referring to the Motorola Droid
>>> Razr... Is it?
>>
>> That's been there since the original Motorola Droid - and I believe
>> that's the device it refers to.
>>
>>> As for this phone, it ships from the provider (Rogers Canada) with Android
>>> 2.3
>>> (http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_Detailed=XT910BLKR&N=52+11#)
>>
>> Then don't get it.  2.3 is OLD.  Get the Samsung Galaxy Prime with 4.0
>
> It's not as old as the version numbers would suggest. 3.0 (Honeycomb) was *only* for tablets. With 4.0, the tablet OS is merged with the traditional OS. Ice Cream Sandwich (4.x) was originally slated to be released as 2.4, IIRC...
>
> It's also very likely that the phone will receive the 4.x update - once the vendor is done porting MotoBlur|HTCSense etc... Another reason to get a "pure" Android device.
>
> --
> mike

According to Wikipedia, the droid Razr or simply Razr in Canada won't be equipped with Motoblur, and is upgradable to ice cream sandwich 4.0...

I wonder I it's worthwhile to spend the additional $60 for LTE with the galaxy 2 S ?  If not then my choice will be simple:  the Razr.

Anybody on the mail list uses the Razr with horde?  If so, hows the sync?