[horde] How much memory to set memory_limit to?

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Nov 25 22:17:53 UTC 2011

On 25 November 2011 16:20, Pro Green European
<pro_green_european at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've set 512M as the default memory_limit value in PHP for my webmail system.
>
> How much should I really allocate? I think 512M is quite a lot of memory.
>
> I've tried with 384M, but it didn't take long before I started seeing memory exhausted messages in Apache's error log.

This was discussed at length a few weeks ago because of an issue I was
having.  You should be able to find the thread in the archive.  Some
were ok with 256, some recommended 512 and some even proposed 1024.
Currently I'm up to 384, but I can go to 512 if I get more out of
memory messages.

Simon