[horde] Sync issues.

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Sat Nov 26 17:58:28 UTC 2011

Hi

I have a device for a coworker that wasn't syncing.  It did initially
with the addressbook (server to phone) and then not again (in either
direction) and it synced the first test appointment from the phone to
the server but nothing from the server to the phone.  In an effort to
debug this, I did the following:

Put the device in airplane mode
Reset the device from the horde interface
removed the sync.log (which was getting a constant stream of stuff).
Moved the device out of airplane mode

Now, I'm not seeing anything in they sync log which is both
frustrating and annoying, because I didn't bother to save the one I
had thinking I was about to fill one up...

In the apache log, I see..

72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:41:46 +0000] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=pj%40example.com&DeviceId=androidc819015760&DeviceType=Android
HTTP/1.1" 200 2286 "-" "Android/0.3"
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:42:40 +0000] "POST
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:42:56 +0000] "POST
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:43:30 +0000] "POST
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:44:38 +0000] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=pj%40example.com&DeviceId=androidc819015760&DeviceType=Android
HTTP/1.1" 200 2286 "-" "Android/0.3"
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:44:46 +0000] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=FolderSync&User=pj%40example.com&DeviceId=androidc819015760&DeviceType=Android
HTTP/1.1" 200 2286 "-" "Android/0.3"
72.225.228.193 - pj at example.com [26/Nov/2011:17:46:39 +0000] "POST
/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=pj%40example.com&DeviceId=androidc819015760&DeviceType=Android
HTTP/1.1" 200 2286 "-" "Android/0.3"

All those 200s mean that it's hitting the URL correctly, yes?

So why is nothing appearing in the sync log? :)

I've been chasing this for a couple of hours and I don't know what to
do next.  Previously when I was resetting the device from the horde
interface it would reappear almost immediately or at the next ping,
but this time it hasn't done that.  And I haven't changed anything
else other than what I did above, so I'm stumped.

Thanks.

Simon