[horde] Timeshift on ActiveSync to Horde

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 5 23:48:16 UTC 2011

Quoting Stephan Kleber <stephan at admin.nabira.de>:

> Hey there,
>
> my users report the following error:
>
> When creating events in Horde everything syncs correctly to the clients.
> When creating events on a client the time of the event is shifted
> one hour backwards:
>
> Horde --> iPhone --> ok
> iPhone --> Horde --> -1 hour
>
> I can confirm this with my Droid.
> This behaviour can't exist long, since last time I checked,
> everything worked ok both ways. May it be that some error was
> introduced in one of the last updates?

This works fine for me on various Android devices as well as various
iOS devices. The only recent timezone/activesync related change was to
fix Bug: 10760 http://http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10760 This
shouldn't cause the problems you are seeing.

My guess is that your device's timezone setting is incorrect. Do you
have timezone support enabled on the iPhone? Some Android devices have
the timezone setting removed (don't ask me why) by the carrier. If you
have it, it's under the Date and Time pref. If you don't have it,
there is an App you can download (TimeZone Changer or something like
that, don't remember the name off hand).

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org