[horde] Performance problems with horde4

Stephan steffo76 at gmx.de
Sun Dec 18 19:59:27 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 18.12.2011, 21:31 +0200 schrieb Vilius Šumskas:
> Sveiki,
>
> Sunday, December 18, 2011, 9:16:01 PM, you wrote:
>
> > Am Montag, den 12.12.2011, 11:17 -0700 schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
> >> Quoting steffo76 at gmx.de:

> >> Don't use the sidebar.  It needs to be rebuilt on every page load.
> >>
> >> michael
>
> > There isn't much of an alternative, is there ? One thing I noticed about
> > the sidebar is that it doesn't always expand despite the setting of
> > "Expand the entire folder tree by default in the folders view?".
>
> If  building  IMAP  folder tree  is  a  performance  issue, you could just
> disable imp-menu sidebar application in registry.local.php.

Thanks for the hint, that really makes a difference. I don't think this
is an option though since it is not possible to see which folders
contain new mail that way. But since the delay is related to the folder
tree I will tell users who experience this delay to clean up.

Another thing about the sidebar/mail folder list I just noted: I have a
couple of folders underneath the sent folder (these are archives named
after the year so they are namend sent.2007 sent.2008 and so on) and
they all show up in the folder list as the german word for 'sent'.