[horde] Login/session problems with Horde 3, IMP4, & PHP 5.3

Leonardo Boiko leoboiko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:18:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I’m running an installation of Horde 3.3.11 with IMP 4.3.10 in
production. Recently I’ve upgraded Debian from lenny to squeeze, which
changed PHP 5.2.6 to 5.3.3.

After the upgrade, login stopped working.  It seems like the classic
session problem; I don’t get any errors in the logs, and I see a
successful IMAP login, but I’m silently thrown back to the login
screen.  I’ve already went through all the session diagnosis steps of
the wiki[1]; I’m using the PHP session handler, and tried disabling
cookies and using URL sessions; session.autostart is disabled; session
storage seems ok; but nothing made it work.

If I downgrade the PHP packages back to 5.2, it works as usual.  The
problem only appears with PHP 5.3.  Trying to upgrade to Horde 4
caused other, unrelated problems, but in any case I’d like to keep
using Horde 3 if possible.

Any hints on how can I further diagnose this problem? Thanks in advance.

[1] http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc3
--
Leonardo Boiko