[horde] Login/session problems with Horde 3, IMP4, & PHP 5.3

linux at lists.hernmarck.ch linux at lists.hernmarck.ch
Thu Jan 5 16:49:02 UTC 2012

Hi

Leonardo Boiko schrieb am Donnerstag 05 Januar 2012 14.18 im Beitrag
<CAJ6uix6jDmfxbrg7fxVBpuhoMUjdge_cTNgiS-ZdemsD1zuttQ at mail.gmail.com>:
> I?m running an installation of Horde 3.3.11 with IMP 4.3.10 in
> production. Recently I?ve upgraded Debian from lenny to squeeze,
> which changed PHP 5.2.6 to 5.3.3.
>
> After the upgrade, login stopped working.  It seems like the classic
> session problem; I don?t get any errors in the logs, and I see a
> successful IMAP login, but I?m silently thrown back to the login
> screen.  I?ve already went through all the session diagnosis steps
> of the wiki[1]; I?m using the PHP session handler, and tried
> disabling cookies and using URL sessions; session.autostart is
> disabled; session storage seems ok; but nothing made it work.

I had a similar issue. Had Debian 4 with Horde-Webmail 1.2.3 running.
Then moved the whole hosting thing (many customers) to a Debian 6.
Horde didn't work. I upgraded this to webmail-1.2.10 - did not work.
In the horde logs (and mail.logs) I saw that the login was ok.

Then I used a new installation with horde-webmail-1.2.10, and set it
up from scratch - using the values I had...

This did the trick.... - I don't know exactly why...

Hope this helps
Christian