[horde] Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Mon Jan 9 17:44:32 UTC 2012

Citējot Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:47:52 +0100:

> As mentioned earlier (http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement), we
> plan to work on some redesigning for the next Horde release.
> The right pane contains the actual application content. The main
> content area is completely up to the application to fill and lay
> out. At a later step we are probably going to standardize layout
> elements for applications too, but for now we concentrate on the
> application "frame". If applicable, the main application area is
> going to have a button bar on the top that contains all actions that
> apply to the content displayed below. This could be further
> restricting of the displayed content (think of views in the
> calendar, or filters in webmail), or doing anything with the content
> (deletion, replying/forwarding mail, etc.)

As the user vulgaris I'd like to suggest to be not overzealous in
interface changing to avoid interface flames like for kde 3/4 or
currently - gnome 2/3 which may result in migration away from horde
(like it is with kde and gnome, where xfce wins the hearts of
conservative ones, at least - it seems so.)

 From my experience - my users do not use the sidebar and only one
gadgetist uses dynamic view.

Janis