[horde] Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jan 11 19:51:53 UTC 2012

--
Core Developer

The Horde Project

e: wrobel at horde.org
t: +49 700 6245 0000
w: http://www.horde.org

pgp: 9703 43BE
tweets: http://twitter.com/pardus_de
blog: http://log.pardus.de

Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> schrieb:

"Jānis" <je at ktf.rtu.lv> schrieb:

>Citējot Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>
>Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:46:32 -0200:
>
>>> If I may suggest one functionality for the Horde from proprietary
>>> software world - ability to change the attachment and save the
>>> changed one with the letter (as Outlook does) - I did not met any
>>> other product offering it and I must add, that it is very popular
>>> among bureaucracy.
>>>

>> I never saw this feature, maybe that's why I don't get it. I don't
>> understand why would that be different from saving the att. in your
>> disk, altering it, and then attaching it again to a reply...
>
>that's the point - one does not send anything to anyone, just changes
>the attachment and stores changes to attachment within original email.

I'm not certain that this is a good solution for the use case you describe.

Of course it makes sense to keep track of attachments received.

But I wonder if you should really use the IMAP storage for the file management. Why not rather extract the attachment into a file manager such as gollem while retaining a link back to the original message (+ potential other attributes). This would allow real file management and stuff like webdav access.

I guess there would be other solutions as well.

In any case I don't consider this to be a very common use case. This sounds like something that might only happen if someone contracts us to implement this.

Cheers,

Gunnar