[horde] syncing smart phones

Florian Brandner florian at brandner.net
Thu Jan 19 21:29:39 UTC 2012

Hi!

> Do I understand correctly that funambol have a developed a connector
> for mobile/smart phones connecting to LDAP ?
> Does anyone know anything on this ?

I haven't tried funambol in a while. About a year ago (or something like
that) I had nothing but problems trying to make it run. It worked only
sometimes and it messed up the database. Killing umlauts, multiplying
already existing entries and so on.
But since I can connect my android phone with my LDAP directory using
activesync, I see no need for funambol anymore. Everything I want
(syncing contacts and calendar) works with activesync just fine.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss,
Florian Brandner