[horde] Can't install with PEAR properly Horde 4.0.13 on Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:46:36 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Csanyi Pal <csanyipal at gmail.com>:

>> I'm trying to install Horde on my Debian stale server but without
>> success.
>>
>> I tried several times to install it, but not get the complete webpage,
>> say the left menu is empty.

On can see that that the left menu is empty. Why is empty?

I remember that that this left menu was fully functional when I had
installed for the first or second time Horde 4.0.13 on this system.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xSGCsQZG_5A/Tx2n_GKUw9I/AAAAAAAAARY/Sfcwhrc9ifc/w848-h536-k/Ablak.png

<snipped>

>> sudo nano /var/www/horde/config/conf.php
>> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('username');
>
> This locked you out as an admin.

Edited and now I have:
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator');

I can to open the http://192.168.10.1/horde/admin/config page, but
without possibility to log out. Moreover, this page can be opened
without any authentication, and also from the Internet if I replace
192.168.10.1 IP address with FQDN of my server.

How can I restrict that only users from the LAN can open this web page?

>> NOTE! I would like to setup Horde as VirtualHost, but don't know
>> how. The following doesn't work for some reason, so I omit this setting:
>>
>> sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
>>    Alias /horde /var/www/horde
>>    <Directory /var/www/horde>
>>        Options FollowSymLinks
>>        AllowOverride Limit
>>        deny from all
>>        allow from 192.168.10.90
>>    </Directory>
>>    <Files ~ "\.(inc|bak)$">
>>        deny from all
>>    </Files>
>>
>> sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>>
>> NOTE AND

Why this setup for VirtualHost abowe doesn't work?

--
Regards from Pal