[horde] Activesync | WP7 cannot sync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jan 30 22:48:44 UTC 2012

Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:

> Am 2012-01-30 19:17, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:

>>> I send the dump and logs to you personally
>>
>> Ok. I'll take a look when I can.
>>
> I have set provisioning to "Allow" and no pin - should I try pin and allow?

There are two issues at play here. The first is the device doesn't
support one of the policies that the server is sending - which is
fine, devices do not need to support every policy. The problem is that
if the device does not support it, it's supposed to tell the server
that it has a problem with the policy, not just die with a notice to
the user. It's clear from the trace that your device is *not* doing
this, so there is no way for the server to know it doesn't like the
policy and (if we are using PROVISIONING_LOOSE) ignore the PROVISION
request.

The second issue, is that our code was always sending the entire
WAP-Provisioning-XML string, even if a device PIN was not
required...so even if you have disabled the PIN requirement, the
problematic policy is still being sent.

The first issue there is nothing we can do about. The second issue I
have fixed in the just released 1.2.3 Horde/ActiveSync release. With
this latest release, you *should* be able to do any of the following:

- Disable provisioning (though I still don't know why your device was
sending a PROVISION request when it was never asked to - hoping that
was a fluke or a side-effect of all the different testing you were
doing in short succession).

- Use either PROVISIONING_FORCED or PROVISIONING_LOOSE, either with or
without forcing a PIN. Since your device does not send the correct
response back to the server indicating that the policy is not
supported, you should set the 'codewordfrequency' setting to 0 if you
choose to enforce a PIN. Using FORCED or LOOSE will make no difference
since your device does not send back any response for an unsupported
policy.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)