[horde] Activesync | WP7 cannot sync

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Wed Feb 1 09:11:09 UTC 2012

Am 2012-01-31 16:02, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:
>>
>>> I tried provisioning_loose - without sucess, and at last
>>> provisioning - false
>>
>>> $conf['activesync']['securitypolicies']['provisioning'] = 'false';
>>
>> This is why you should use the UI to make changes. This should be the
>> actual boolean value of false, not a string value. This is why the
>> provisioning commands are still being sent.
>
> Also, regarding the phone not working with provisioning enabled, I
> found another KB article
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/exchange-activesync-considerations-when-using-windows-phone-7-clients.aspx
>
> This one states that if using EAS 2.5 (what Horde implements) then
> ONLY a single security policy is honored - require a password. All the
> other supported policies are only available on WP7 if using a more
> recent protocol version.
>
> I'll have to make more tweaks to the code to allow this, though it
> *really* stinks to have to disable useful security policies that *are*
> supported by the protocol only because one type of device does not
> support them. Perhaps in an upcoming version I'll implement an
> advanced per-device-type policy configurable by editing a text
> file...I believe exchange does something similar - though it might be
> configurable via a GUI.
>
> In the meantime, turning off provisioning correctly should allow your
> devices to connect.

@boolean
You are so right ... I swear it was the first time that I directly
changed the conf file ... foolish mistake

@EAS 2.5
We see problems of the newer WP phones on other active sync
(alternative) implemenations too.
I dont know where microsoft is heading with that, but unfortunately (for
you guys) the number of newer wp7 phones rises ...

We try the "correct" non provisiong sync with the phone an i report back

Thank you very much for your work (again and again ...)

regards
Martin