[horde] help. new install, something is broken in imap (solved) but exception is broken..

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:03:29 UTC 2012

2012/1/31 Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>

> Quoting LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> I wanted to reinstall Horde on a new serveur and I'm faced to serious
>> problem. rsync was not the solution. So I installed via PEAR. I'm trying
>> reinstall from scratch, evreything is fine till I configure IMP IMAP
>> server.
>>
>> I get this message:
>> Fatal error: Call to a member function push() on a non-object in
>> /var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap/**Exception.php on line 63
>>

> There is something very broken with your setup.  This is a call to the
> global notification object, which is setup at the beginning of EVERY page
> access.  The execution would not even be able to reach this place if the
> notification object was not able to be created - you would have received a
> fatal error earlier in the page.
>
> So if this variable doesn't exist, there is something seriously wrong with
> your setup (or your PHP is broken).
>
> michael

Is there a piece of code I could put somewhere to test and isolate the
problem? This setup is running for me for months and I have no problems,
except some suspect and unusual traces. I have may be some other related
problems, that could be the same and are segfaulting apache:

[Wed Feb 01 12:59:17 2012] [error] [client xx] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a
member function getName() on a non-object in
/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Ajax/Application.php on line 1333, referer:
http://xx/horde/imp/message-dimp.php?ajaxui=1&mailbox=SU5CT1gvZW52b2lz&uid=5&uniq=1328097524472
[Wed Feb 01 12:59:17 2012] [notice] child pid 29166 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /tmp
--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux