[horde] Can't sync calendar & contacts, ActiveSync, horde4, android 4.0.2

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 2 15:24:02 UTC 2012

Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:

> Hi
>
> Am 02.02.2012 15:47, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>> I can't sync my calendar (contacts) with active sync using horde 4 and
>>> android 4.0.2.
>>> My Galaxy Nexus tells me there are no calendars. The synced contacts to
>>> not show up in the address book.
>>
>> Have you told Horde which address book(s) and calendar(s) to use for
>> syncing? This is a user pref in each application.
>
> If you mean by this going to the preference section and selecting
> calendar (or address book) and hitting synchronization preferences there
> in order to check the calendars (or address books) to sync then: yes. I
> also tried to create another calendar as the default. Although as far as
> i understood, the default calendar is enabled for syncing by default ...
>

>>> +----[ activesync.log ]
>>> attempt for: username at domain.com
>>> username at domain.com
>>> +----------------------
>>>
>>> Can somebody point me into the right direction or provide some insight
>>> if he or she has had the same issue?
>>
>> I will tell you what I tell everybody that asks about issues with
>> syncing; We need YOUR full synclog. I am unable to diagnose or otherwise
>> help you without seeing exactly what is being sent to and from the
>> device.
>
> As long as there is no other setting which i can use to squeeze more out
> of horde, what you see aboveis the abbreviated part of my complete sync
> log. My settings for Active Sync Logging are as follows:
>
> Logging
> * $conf[activesync][logging][type] = Custom
> * $conf[activesync][logging][path] = /path/to/activesync.log
>
> Horde logging is set the debug, but the messages displayed there seem to
> be associated with syncing. (new syncing does not provide new entries there)
>
> I got no php errors
>
> Here my complete activesync.log:

You should have a device-specific log file in that same directory.
Named something like androidxxxxxxxxxx.log. That's where all the
entries go, once we know the device id. Otherwise, it's impossible to
debug a problem on a server with more than 1 or 2 devices actively
syncing :)

The log you posted below looks like it was from the default
activesync.log file, which would only receive messages when we don't
have a device_id.

> 2012-01-13T08:28:06+01:00 INFO: Horde_ActiveSync_Driver_Horde::logon
> attempt for:

<snip>

>> Even better would be a synclog AND a wiretrace, but a synclog
>> would be the place to start. See the above mentioned wiki page for
>> instructions if you can't find the options for activesync logging in the
>> configuration.
>
> I don't know about wiretrace, but I will check out what it is and how
> its done.

Let's try the above mentioned device specific log first...

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org